Thursday, December 25, 2008

Everything in Malaysia is Halal??

artikel nih aku petik dr salah satu blog yg aku baca.Bagus utk renungan bersama...jgn sangka makanan di Malaysia semua halal...


I went to The Mines last Saturday to buy some presents for my friend's wedding. The last time I went there was 4 years ago.

I had my lunch at the food court. Usually I don't bother to look for halal sign because I assume everything in Malaysia's food court is Halal. I also assume foods at malay and indonesian restaurant is Halal. I decided to go for hot plate noodles with chicken and mushroom. This is chinese food but nowadays, it is not unusual for Malays to sell chinese foods. The noodles stall's worker looked like an Indonesian. So, I think this must be a Malay stall.

After I ordered the food, I just realised that the worker is not an Indonesian. He is a Burmese (from Myanmar). After a while, a chinese worker came out from the kitchen. I saw another chinese/burmese working in the kitchen. Is this a chinese stall? Then, I try to look for Halal sign but couldn't find it. Damn!

Then, I took the noodles and sat. I didn't eat yet because I feel was-was (doubt) and I wait. I saw not many people ate in that area, only a few chinese. Most of the people ate at the opposite side (side where stalls with halal sign). After a few minutes, I saw only chinese ordered from the hot plate stall. I start to become worried.

I decided to go back to the stall and asked whether the food is halal or not. This is something I've never done before in Malaysia; asking whether the food I ordered is halal or not. The Burmese said that it is halal but he didn't really convince me. Anyway, he said it is halal, so I ate. But after having 2 or 3 sips, the was-was feeling came back and I don't feel like eating the noodles. From the way he answered my question, he seemed don't know what halal is. So, I decided to leave and eat at KFC.

The next day, my family and I went to the Look Out Point at Bukit Ampang (my brother said that hill is called Bukit Belacan. I don't know which one is true) to have some drinks. Scenery over there is beautiful and we can see almost the whole KL from that hill. We went to one of the cafe which has the Halal sign. Again, the waiter is Burmese!!! (Please, don't hire burmese as waiter/waitress. Most of them are not muslim and some of them even eat dog's head. seriously!!!).

As I went through the menu, I was SHOCKED because that place also SERVE HAM. I don't know whether they (some Malaysian chinese) don't understand what Halal means or they pretend they do not know. Maybe, they think if they use halal chicken, then, the food is automatically considered as Halal already. NO, it's not.

I'm not really strict about this Halal thing when I was studying in UK. To be honest, I will buy a tuna sandwich at the university cafeteria even though it was placed 2-feet away from a ham sandwich. But in Malaysia, I become extra concern and strict about what am I eating.

Another thing that really make me scared is the fact that some muslims do not know what is ham and pork (but they do know what is pig!). I have met several of these individuals. May Allah protect them.


So lepeh niee korg rajin2 laa jenguk tepi kedai atau restoran samada ada tanda halal atau tidak.. klu ada sama tak yg nie..pastikan yg original dari JAKIM


No comments: